- Call for nominations: June 1 (Exceptions: LAC Grants & Bernie Carr Scholarship - both calls open in January)
- Applications due: Aug 25
- Winners notified: 15 Sep
Awards presented: ACEP Scientific Assembly
Submit Nomination Forms to email@example.com
(Please put the name of award you are submitting for in the subject)
Fellowship in Leadership Development
The GSACEP Leadership Development Fellowship is designed to develop and groom future military and federal emergency medicine leaders. The fellowship combines elements of mentoring, with skills in organization, education, advocacy, and involvement.
The fellowship serves to provide both an orientation to organized medicine and leadership development to ensure our future military and federal emergency medicine leaders succeed in the combined military and civilian organized medicine setting.
- Develop leaders who are prepared for their leadership roles in terms of knowledge and experience.
- Provide orientation and skills to allow potential leaders to promote military and federal emergency medicine locally and nationally.
- Increase participation in GSACEP activities and committees, developing long-term leadership for the organization
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Active Resident in an accredited Emergency Medicine residency program or young faculty <5 years out of training.
- Two years obligated service remaining in military or VA service.
- Active member of GSACEP
- Possess a track record of outstanding work and participation in professional activities.
- Commit to all elements of the GSACEP fellowship curriculum.
Any member of the Government Services Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians (GSACEP) may nominate himself/herself or another resident member for this award.
*ON HOLD - We are in the process of revamping the curriculum and goals of this Fellowship as part of our Strategic Plan. We hope to have details released & ready to accept new applicants for 2022!
Over the course of their one year fellowship, GSACEP Fellows will participate/contribute in the following ways:
- With GSACEP leadership assistance, apply for membership on one ACEP committee of your choice.
- Volunteer as a member of one GSACEP committee of your choice.
- Participate in GSACEP Board of Directors conference calls and attend BOD meetings at conferences outlined below.
- Write one article for the GSACEP Newsletter, "The EPIC".
- Act as alternate GSACEP Councillor for the annual ACEP Council Meeting. (October timeframe)
- requires attendance at ACEP Council Meeting (night prior to Council meeting and two nights of the meeting)
- GSACEP provides 3 nights hotel and $150 per-diem to offset the cost.
- Represent GSACEP at the ACEP annual Scientific Assembly. (October timeframe)
- Attend ACEP and GSACEP committee meetings as well as GSACEP Board of Directors Meeting.
- GSACEP provides 2 nights hotel and $100 per-diem to offset the cost.
- Attend annual ACEP Leadership and Advocacy Conference. (Mar timeframe)
- GSACEP provides 3-4 nights hotel and $100 per-diem to offset the cost.
Resident Leadership & Advocacy Grant
The Government Services Chapter ACEP (GSACEP) offers scholarships for residents to attend the ACEP Leadership and Advocacy Conference in Washington, D.C. Residents will be able to meet with legislators from the state in which they currently reside, meet with GSACEP and ACEP leadership, and network with fellow residents and attending physicians. Traditionally, residents are treated to a dinner with GSACEP Leaders and Members following the Opening Reception. GSACEP will cover airfare, hotel and per diem for the length of the conference.
Annual call for nominees: November
Deadline for nominations: late January
*Due to COVID, this timeline for 2021 may be different as meeting details are prepared.
Two or three winning residents will be notified mid-February.
Scientific Assembly Grant
The GSACEP Scientific Assembly Grant is intended to support GSACEP members in their academic pursuits, to encourage increased involvement in the Government Services Chapter and to cultivate future EM leaders. Resident recipients receive free conference registration to ACEP Scientific Assembly. Faculty recipients receive discounted registration to ACEP Scientific Assembly. Recipients are required to attend the GSACEP Board of Directors Meeting during the conference to receive recognition and foster familiarity with current EM issues important to the Government Services members.
- 3 Resident Grants - Waived registration
- 2 Faculty Grants - Discounted to $395
- Annual call for nominees: June
- Deadline for nominations: 15 Aug